“Patchwork Palette: No-Fail Color Plans for Captivating Quilts”. Do you love the idea of making scrap quilts that use lots of fabrics from your stash? Are you intimidated by all the dark/light sorting required for making traditional scrap quilts Learn about my unique and super easy way of making scrap-like “recipe” quilts. In Patchwork Palette I walk you through the basic concepts of good fabric choices using hue, value and scale of print to best advantage. Then I introduce you to my three recipes — Rainbow, Color Family, and Mixed — for making glorious multi-fabric quilts that are nothing like traditional scrap quilts. The blocks in these quilts are made individually or in small sets with each set consisting of a different set of just a few prints. There are many advantages to this approach:
- You don’t sort into dark and light prints as with traditional scrap quilts
- You don’t need to cut for an entire quilt at a time — just your next block set
- You only work with a few prints at a time just like a fixed palette quilt
- You can use those pre-cuts you’ve been collecting
- Each print gets to shine in its very own block without getting lost in the crowd
Most of all, it’s a fun, easy going way to build a quilt, a few blocks at a time in small bits of time. There are thirteen quilt plans in Patchwork Palette with two samples of each plan using different recipes. This book is full of inspiration and presents a whole new way to make quilts using lots of prints.
CLICK HERE to purchase Patchwork Palette
Format: Paperback Publisher: Martingale & Co Inc ISBN-10: 1604681438 ISBN-13: 9781604681437
Sku: 240455655 Publish Date: 2/11/2013
Watch this short video on “How to choose fabrics (3 ways).